With every decision that we make as to what we put into our bodies, we must remember that our body is a temple and it all starts with your nourishment.
In today’s world, we’re told to buy this supplement or that supplement to help our health problems, but putting more chemicals into our bodies will not do the trick.
Here are some of my favorite ways to detoxify the body of all the chemicals that may still remain from my diet. There are many other ways to detoxify, but these are ones that can easily become a part of your daily life.
- WATER!!! – drinking water is an obvious detoxifier, but so beneficial and easy! So many people do not drink enough water in a day and therefore are not cleansing their bodies properly.
I like to infuse my water with fruits that can also enrich the benefits. Some of my favorites are cucumber and lemon. Both improve the digestive system and reduce bloating.
- Green Tea – Green tea is a powerful detoxifier and can sometimes be overlooked. A lot of the supplements out there actually include green tea extracts, so why ingest the other useless ingredients when green tea is so easy to find and inexpensive? Green tea reduces free radicals within the body and can even replace your coffee in the morning, as it contains plenty of natural caffeine.
- Reduce your sodium intake – Sodium likes to hold onto all the chemicals in your body, these free radicals like to stick to access sodium which can be a big attributer to bloating.
- Pay attention to your labels! – This is a topic that I will write an entirely new blog about, one of which does require a change of your daily diet but also will leave your body free of the things that do not belong in your body. My trick to this is to stay away from very length ingredients that you cannot even pronounce, stay away from dyes and anything genetically modified. (More tips to come)
- SWEAT! – Everybody knows that exercise is good for your body, sweating aids in losing weight but it also releases toxins within the body. Another reason why drinking water is important, it can help you to sweat more! Another recommendation is to use saunas and steam rooms for quick detoxification.