If you pay attention to your mind, body and spirit, it’s easy to tell when something feels off. Maybe you can’t explain it, but you don’t feel at your highest self.
Just as when you go to a doctor for broken bones, you need spiritual healing to remain balanced as well.
The body has hundreds of chakras, but there are seven main ones starting from the bottom of the spine to the top of the head. These chakras are like balls of energy within our bodies, keeping balance between the emotional and physical self. Everything living has an energy within it, whether you work with this energy or not, you’ll still find yourself shocking someone or bringing life to a lightbulb with your fingertips.
There are other energies, aromas, sounds and stretches that can help to balance these chakras to help them run through the body without blockages
This is a practice I use in my lifestyle and though I’m not a professional, I would love to share with you some of my favorite ways to balance my chakras.
But first, here is a brief description about each chakra:
The Root Chakra: This chakra is located at the base of the spine and resonates with being grounded with Earth as well as with your spiritual self, including internal power. This chakra can be blocked by fear and lack of passion.
The Sacral Chakra: The Sacral Chakra is located on the navel and is related to desire, creativity and sexuality. Blockage of this chakra can cause emotional imbalance and compulsive behavior.
The Solar Plexus: This chakra is just above the navel and associates with your emotional life, such as happiness and also anger. The solar plexus resonates with your sensitivity and ambition. Blockages here could result in anger, frustration and a feeling of self defeat.
The Heart Chakra: The heart chakra is located at the heart and is associated with all things filled with love, sensitivity and compassion. When this chakra is imbalanced it could cause negative effects within the immune system and in the heart, also feelings of no compassion or love.
The Throat Chakra: This chakra is right in the middle of the neck and resonates with speaking your mind and new ideas. Imbalances here can cause lack of communication and ideas.
The Third Eye: Located right between the eyes, the third eye chakra is associated with our spiritual wisdom and intuition. When people speak about opening your third eye, it refers to seeing the world through your higher self. Many meditations involve focusing on the center of the forehead to activate this chakra. If this chakra is imbalanced it can cause depression and selective memory.
The Crown Chakra: The crown chakra is located at the top of the head and relates to the physical bodies connection with the spiritual, the divine and higher self. Blockages here can result in psychological problems.
The system of energy here connects us to the Earth and our physical self, all the way to our spiritual self and the universe. It is quiet beautiful. It is important to remember, through experience, that starting from bottom to top here can help you really make the process of chakra balancing a better a journey. Here are some ways you can start:
There are many incense you can buy that combine a variety of herbs that connect with each chakra, spiritual medicine that has been passed down for years. My favorite brand is Triloka. These are relatively easy to find at spiritual shops, some grocery stores, like Natural Grocers and some smoke shops.
My favorite mists are Aveda’s Chakra Balancing Sprays, I use them as perfumes, depending on how I’m feeling that day, yoga, meditation, when I’m just relaxing or going to bed.
You know me, I love my crystals! Crystals are widely used for spiritual healing. They contain an energy within them, so much so that they are used widely in technology as a form of electric energy. Each crystal is different from another and connect with the energies within us when they are nearby, sending out vibrations to balance each chakra.
There is an endless amount, so I will mention some of my favorites and I would recommend The Book Of Stones for more.
Root Chakra Crystals:
- Carnelian is a powerful grounding stone to keep around. good to build one’s confidence and passion. This is a great stone for those who want to spiritually develop, but need more grounding to Earth during the process.
- Citrine is good for those needing help with mental awareness and creativity, also known to bring good luck and zest for life. This is one of my favorite crystals and ironically my birthstone.
- Rubellite (Red tourmaline) is a strong root chakra balancer, it grounds oneself and brings a love for life.
- Cuprite is also another powerful root chakra activating stone, to relieve feelings of fear and disconnect.
Sacral Chakra Crystals:
- Citrine and Carnelian are also great for Sacral chakra balancing.
- Sunstone is a stone of self-growth and courage. This crystal has a high vibration to supply qualities of leadership and drive.
Solar Plexus Chakra Crystals:
- Once again, Citrine and Carnelian are good crystals for this chakra.
- Spirit Quartz is one of my favorite crystals, it elevates spiritual evolution and freedom from fear. It is also good for purification and peace of mind.
- Golden Labrodite is a unique stone, great for the solar plexus, supplying vitality, strength and a clear mind.
Heart Chakra Crystals:
- Aventurine is a great stone! It’s known to bring positive energies and a love for live. It brings an optimistic point of view to situations; great to carry with you.
- Jade is a strong heart chakra balancing crystal, it promotes peace and kindness.
- Malachite is great for healing, moving past a troubled past and troubled heart.
- Rose Quartz is a beautiful pink stone, well-known to bring love, healing and peace to one’s life.
Throat Chakra Crystals:
- Aqua Aura Quartz is a beautiful stone used to connect with the spiritual self as well as to bring peace and communication.
- Chrysocolla is a unique blue crystal that brings strength in communication, expression and calm.
- Tanzanite is another gorgeous stone known to link and mind and heart, creating powerful self-expression and spiritual growth.
Third Eye Chakra Crystals:
- Celestite is one of my favorite stones, a gorgeous light blue crystal that brings serenity and expansion of spiritual awareness.
- Azurite is another great stone, known to strengthen intuition and intellect.
- Sodalite is known to bring access to intuitive abilities, enhanced insight and access to the subconscious.
Crown Chakra Crystals:
- Spirit Quartz and Celestite are great stones for the crown chakra as well.
- Angel Aura Quartz is a gorgeous crystal known to bring peace and expanded awareness with one’s higher self.
- Amethyst is a vivid purple crystal, one of my favorite for connection with the Divine and very well known for protection and release of addictions.
I recommend always keeping Clear Quartz and Selenite with you as well to elevate your crystals vibrations and your intentions. Meditating with crystals is a great way to dedicate to your chakra balancing, I shall post some methods in the future.
There are a few other ways used to balance chakras, such as yoga poses and sound waves, but to avoid making this post too long, I shall save that combination for another post, make sure to subscribe to make sure you don’t miss it!